Pages

007



Congratulations Makkal! You are the proud new owner of a torn rotator cuff!

Yes, I started surfing again and tried my luck with some fifteen foot waves. Not only did I wipe out several times, I’ve managed to partially tear a tendon in my right shoulder. Of course, after I did that, I popped some extra strength pain killers, hauled some material, hung out with friends, and then went on a patrol.

Only after I climbed out of the pod 14 hours later and tried to wash my hair did I realize I was seriously hurt.  

The nurse at HQ gave me a painkiller and anti-inflammatory and told me to not use my shoulder much. After it heals, they want me to do some physical therapy  designed to help strengthen the area.

I told the guy that I thought the problem was that Ishukone brand arms are heavier than what my original body was used to, but he assured me it was because I’d  caused ‘acute trauma’ to the area.

Not that I’d expect an Ishukone citizen raised in an Ishukone station educated in an Ishukone medical school and working for IRED to think the arms might be at fault.